Terms & Conditions
By registering to participate in Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon, you confirm you have read, understand and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions: By registering to participate in Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon, you confirm you have read, understand and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
Bravehearts = Bravehearts Foundation Limited including its employees, volunteers, sponsors, contractors and/or agents and/or service providers; Us
You = Participant
The Event = Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon 2021
FOR NATIONAL MARATHON PARTICIPANTS ONLY:
1. By registering as a National Marathon Participant, you agree to:
a. Pay a non-refundable registration fee in the amount of $50
b. A financial commitment to fundraise the sum of a minimum of $10,000 per participant. You understand that approximately 40% of this sum will help cover the overall costs associated with the running of the Event whilst, Bravehearts actively continues to seek sponsors for the event in order to minimise this outlay
c. Raise 30% of my agreed fundraising total by 29 February 2021
d. Raise 50% of my agreed fundraising total by 30 April 2020
e. 100% of my agreed fundraising total will be in the bank by 28 June
2. All funds raised by participants will be utilised nationally according to the needs of Bravehearts’ operations and at the discretion of the organisation in order to serve Bravehearts’ Mission to prevent child sexual assault and exploitation in our society and Vision to make Australia the safest place in the world to raise a child, and to follow the guiding principles of Bravehearts. Our guiding principles are to, at all times, do all things to serve our Mission without fear or favour and without compromise and to continually ensure that the best interests and protection of the child are placed before all other considerations.
3. Participants who wish to apply for a grant will carry sole responsibility for the entire grant application process. Bravehearts will not take carriage for any grants that are applied for and are successful. The grant applications submitted by participants will be managed solely by them with no assistance from Bravehearts.
4. The Event is a running event. However, Bravehearts has made the following allowances:a. Enough time to allow participants to walk each event, completing the full 42kms.b. Different length marathons, with the standard marathon of 42km; standard half marathon of 21km; 7km and 14km options in each state. (Certain states may have slightly adjusted lengths due to course design.)
5. National Marathon Participants will be allowed until 30 June 2021 to reach the minimum fundraising commitment of $10,000.
6. Any funds raised over and above $10,000 will be applied to the current year’s Event and will not be carried over towards Bravehearts 777 Marathon in 2022 or future years.
7. Participants may not be eligible to compete if they do not meet the above-mentioned fundraising targets.
8. Bravehearts reserves the right to exclude participants if they:
a. Do not meet their fundraising targets.
b. Do not attain a fitness level, as advised by a fitness professional and in consultation with their GP, to complete the marathons. (Proof can be requested by Bravehearts at any time).
9. If a participant is not able to participate for any reason, either via self-exclusion, or at the direction of Bravehearts or its affiliates, the participant will not be given the option to carry forward any raised funds for participation in the 2022 event.
10. National Marathon Participants who are participating for their third (3rd) or more consecutive year are entitled to a 15% reduction from the total fundraising goal of $10,000 (i.e. goal of $8,500).
a. Bravehearts and its affiliates understand that fundraising is difficult and that you may be asking the same family and friends for donations each year. The percentage scale listed above and the due dates still apply, however with the following adjusted figures:
i. 30% of my agreed fundraising total by 29 February 2021
ii. 50% of my agreed fundraising total by 30 April 2021
iii. 100% of my agreed fundraising total by 28 June 2021
b. If for any reason, you are unable to participate in the 2021 event, you are also unable to carry forward any funds raised.
11. Cancellation of the event
12. For any reason, the event is cancelled (including a Pandemic, but not limited to) you will be given reasonable notice dependent on the circumstance. All monies raised will be retained by Bravehearts on the understanding that the Bravehearts’ 777 Marathon is a Braveheart’s fundraising event. Funds raised are for the work of Bravehearts. Funds will not be transferred or utilised for future events. *Signing of these terms and conditions confirms your understanding and agreement to these terms.
13. You acknowledge and agree that you or your donors will not be entitled to any refund if the Event is cancelled for reasons outside of Bravehearts’ control.
14. You acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time, at the discretion of Bravehearts.
15. You declare, as a condition of entry in the Event, that you have/will undertake sufficient training for the Event and that you are not aware of any illness, injury,
16. Should a participating athlete wish to travel with a partner or support person, Bravehearts will supply the participant with all the relevant flight & accommodation information. The non-participant will be solely responsible for payment and booking of all airfares, accommodation & food. Should there be available space on the transfer bus – the non-participant is welcome to travel with the athletes – if not they will also be solely responsible for arranging their own way to and from the airports
17. You will declare any physical disability or impairment which may cause you injury or harm during or as a consequence of Event participation.
18. No Running will be allowed prior to the official start time of the marathon. All runners MUST start together each morning.
19. Any sponsorship received by runners from a business or individual – even if it is generated through the provided sponsorship suggestion document – is to be seen as sponsorship of the particular runner, NOT Bravehearts, or the event as a whole. Bravehearts will not guarantee any promotion of these partnerships unless prior consent has been sought.
20. Media coverage is an important part of this event.
a. As a participant, you permit Bravehearts to publish your name and photo in any related marketing and/or media materials.
b. Personal stories will not be published without the express permission of the participant and will always be done in conjunction with the Bravehearts media team, any media contractors we are assisting, and the full support of Bravehearts as an organisation.
c. Bravehearts must be made aware prior to any individual, or anyone acting on behalf of an individual, contacting media.
d. Bravehearts must also approve any individual commentary to media to ensure consistency with key messaging. No participant may speak to the media about the Event without the prior consent of Bravehearts.