ABOUT 777 MARATHON
Proudly Presented by
Bravehearts' 777 Marathon (777) was created in 2013 as a unique way for individuals to raise money for and awareness of the prevention of child sexual assault and exploitation.
The traditonal 777 saw runners complete 7 marathons in 7 consecutive days in 7 Australian states and territories. The advent of COVID-19 saw 777 go entirely virtual in 2020. With the risk of border closures still a threat to intersate travel, the 2021 777 will travel exclusively through Queensland, visiting Toowoomba, Brisbane, Mount Isa, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Gold Coast.
There are 3 ways to get involved in 777:
- Sign up as a National Runner
- Sign up as a Local Runner (formerly State Runner)
- Sign up as a Virtual Runner
Read on for more info about each of these ways to get involved.
777 National Runners
Our 777 National Runners compete all 7 Marathons in 7 Days in 7 Queensland towns and cities. They run either 21km or 42km each day.
Each National Runner raises $10,000 for Bravehearts to support the prevention of child sexual assault and exploition.
REGISTRATIONS TO BE A NATIONAL RUNNER HAVE NOW CLOSED // REGISTRATIONS FOR 2022 OPEN SOON
What is included in being a National Runner -
- Flights to Toowoomba and home from the Gold Coast
- All flights and transport around Queensland
- Accommodation for 8 nights
- Transfers to and from airports
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (Except Sunday lunch after GC marathon)
- On course Nutrition
- Training program for 21km or 42km and Coach in the lead-up
- Medical Staff (Nurse) throughout the week helping
- Nutritional information support in the lead-up
- Support with your fundraising
- Legends Dinner to celebrate your achievement
- Welcome Dinner on the first night in Toowoomba
- Each marathon is timed
- Bravehearts merchandise
777 Local Runners
As a Local Runner you can register to participate in one or more legs of the Bravehearts 777 (usually in your town or city). You can choose to register as an individual participant, or as part of a team.
It's a $50 registration fee and you'll receive a medal, timing of your run.
Toowoomba – Mon 28 June
Brisbane – Tues 29 June
Mount Isa – Wed 30 June
Cairns – Thur 1 July
Townsville – Fri 2 July
Mackay – Sat 3 July
Gold Coast (GC Marathon) – Sun 4 July
777 Virtual Runners
The Challenge is to walk or run 7km every day for 7 days in 7 virtual states, completing the traditonal 777 courses virtually from Perth to Gold Coast. You could do this on a treadmill, at the beach, in a park or exploring your local community to complete this virtual challenge.
Once registered, you get exclusive access to the 777 Virtual Challenge platform on Run Down Under’s App throughout the week. Access to the App includes leaderboards and the opportunity to be part of a virtual online running community.
More details to come soon on how to access the App.
Registration is completely free
A Participation medal is available for purchase at $25.00